Jump to main content

How do I obtain a new copy of my EPA 608 or 609 refrigeration (or universal) certification card if mine has been lost or stolen?

Although the EPA approves the certification, the Agency does not provide duplicate cards. Therefore, you will need to contact the school or facility who administered the exam. 

Please refer to the Steps For Replacing a Lost Card webpage at: http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/608/technicians/lostcard.html

For your reference, contact information for EPA approved Section 608 Technician Certification Programs are listed at: http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/608/technicians/608certs.html

Similarly, Section 609 (MVAC) Technician Certification Programs are listed at: http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/609/technicians/609certs.html

For further information on EPA certification for performing maintenance on equipment for air conditioning and heating, you will need to contact the Stratospheric Ozone Information Hotline at 1 (800) 296-1996 or (202) 343-9210.

You can also submit an email online at http://www.epa.gov/ozone/comments.htm or e-mail spdcomments@epa.gov.

Rating:Rating of 2 Stars5 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 23002-16901
  • Date Created: 08:12:2004
  • Last Modified Since: 08:06:2015
  • Viewed: 13447

Jump to main content.