Jump to main content

How do the lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) regulations apply to my business?

EPA's Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP Rule) requires that firms performing renovation, repair, and painting projects that disturb lead-based paint in homes, child care facilities and pre-schools built before 1978 have their firm certified by EPA (or an EPA authorized state), use certified renovators who are trained by EPA-approved training providers and follow lead-safe work practices.

Find out more: Renovation, Repair and Painting: http://www2.epa.gov/lead/renovation-repair-and-painting-program 

Are you a contractor?  Find information about training and certification at

We also suggest:

EPA Small Entity Compliance Guide to Renovate Right 
http://www2.epa.gov/sites/production/files/documents/sbcomplianceguide.pdf  (PDF, 34 pp, 2.5MB, About PDF)

Questions? Contact the National Lead Information Center to receive a general information packet, to order other documents, or for detailed information or questions.

  • By webform: http://www2.epa.gov/lead/forms/lead-hotline-national-lead-information-center
  • Online Document Request: You may use our online Document Request Form to order documents electronically.
  • By Phone: Call and speak with a specialist Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern time (except federal holidays) at 1 (800) 424-LEAD [5323].
  • By Recorded Message: The NLIC telecommunications systems has the capability to receive recorded messages in English and Spanish 24-hours a day, seven days a week at 1 (800) 424-LEAD [5323].
  • By Fax: 585-232-3111
  • By Mail: 422 South Clinton Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620

You can also find contact information for EPA’s Regional lead program offices at http://www2.epa.gov/lead/where-you-live

Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 23002-17042
  • Date Created: 03:11:2010
  • Last Modified Since: 04:29:2015
  • Viewed: 3892

Jump to main content.