Jump to main content

Where can I locate information about household hazardous waste?

The EPA Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery Web page contains a wealth of information on this topic.

Household Hazardous Waste,

To download publications about household hazardous waste, you may wish to visit the Household Hazardous Waste Publications page at: http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/inforesources/pubs/hw_waste.htm

For more information, you may wish to review the questions and answers in the RCRA Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Database at: http://waste.supportportal.com/

You may also contact the EPA Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery by using the "Ask a Question" tab on the page at the URL noted above. Although it is similar to this database, questions are answered by subject experts within the Office of Solid Waste.

Additional contact information is available at: http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/comments.htm

If you have questions or concerns regarding disposal of household hazardous waste in your local area, you may wish to contact your local recycling center or public works department, which is most often listed in the local phonebook. You can also locate your EPA regional or state waste program through the Web at: http://www.epa.gov/epawaste/wyl/regional.htm

You may also want to read the following related FAQ:

Title: How do I dispose of paint?
URL: http://publicaccess.supportportal.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=23012&task=knowledge&questionID=17786

If your question is about electronic waste, please see the following resources:

eCycling home page:

Title: Where do I recycle used electronics in my community?
URL: http://publicaccess.supportportal.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=23012&task=knowledge&questionID=24441

Rating:Rating of 0 Stars1 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 23002-24368
  • Date Created: 10/27/2004
  • Last Modified Since: 2/5/2014
  • Viewed: 867

Jump to main content.