Jump to main content

Where can I locate information about radiation and EPA's role in protecting people and the environment?  What do I do if there is a radiological emergency?

EPA is the primary federal agency charged with protecting people and the environment from harmful and avoidable exposure to radiation.

EPA's Radiation Protection website is located at the following URL:

The following page, “Radiation Protection – What You Can Do” contains links to radiation information topics and programs, common questions, and fact sheets: http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/whatyoucando.html

You can review numerous frequently asked questions about radiation protection activities at the Radiation Support Portal:

If an accident or other emergency involving radioactive materials occurs, report it to the National Response Center at 1-800-424-8802.

More information about radiological emergency response procedures, including contact information, can be found on the Radiation Protection - Emergency Preparedness & Response Web page: http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/index.html

Our Frequent Questions database enables users to search for questions and answers about various radiation topics. If you do not find the answers you need you can also submit a question of your own: http://www.epa.gov/radiation/contact.html


Rating:Rating of 0 Stars1 Votes
Was this answer helpful?YesNo
Topic Information
  • Topic #: 23002-24382
  • Date Created: 12:13:2004
  • Last Modified Since: 05:06:2015
  • Viewed: 1819

Jump to main content.